Stamp Duty Holiday - Top Tips To Sell!
Thursday, 9 July 2020 | Social
It’s important to bear in mind that when it comes to selling your home, what you love, is often not everyone’s cup of tea. Simple, affordable updates can create a desirable interior without breaking the bank.
The Home Company’s assistant manager, Michelle Swinscoe offers her top tips to create gorgeous interiors – that will help you sell!
- Neutral is key. While you may love your bright red feature wall, potential buyers need to be able to visualise their own furniture and décor – a quick lick of paint can make all the difference.
- Lighting can create the perfect ambiance – particularly on a drab day. Invest in a few table lamps with pretty shades to heighten desirability. - A tired sofa is not a good look. With the addition of a throw, you’ll be able to hide undesirable stains and tears, while adding texture and colour.
- Create the illusion of space with mirrors. Interior designers use this trick to make smaller rooms appear larger. So simple yet incredibly effective – even a small mirror on a back wall will reflect light and enhance the feeling of space.
- Flowers are a great addition to a kitchen table or fireplace when you’ve got prospective viewers taking a look around. Fresh flowers can be pricey – particularly when you’re buying a bunch every week! Artificial flowers are a fantastic alternative and can look totally fabulous! Invest in a gorgeous vase and voila – flowers on tap!
- Tidy away knick-knacks and any clutter – it will make all the difference!