Updating The Bedroom For Spring
Wednesday, 27 February 2019 | Social
Did you know that we spend over a third of our lives in our bedrooms? So how to choose something that’s so important to your everyday life?
Linda Lee, manager of Skipton’s long-established furniture and furnishings store The Home Company, has some top tips for buying the perfect bedroom furniture.
Said Linda: “We know how confusing choosing new furniture can be – especially as there’s so many things to consider. But as we spend so much time in our bedroom it’s important to create a stylish sanctuary that you’ll love. As March is National Bed Month there’s no better time to assess your bedroom and the furniture in it!”
Linda suggests making a list of the features and styles you’d like, then itemising the ‘nice to haves’ if there is budget left. But most importantly of all, buy the best quality you can afford.
Other top tips include:
- Be sure you measure up before buying. Sometimes an empty room can seem much larger than it actually is and it’s important that your new furniture isn’t too overpowering.
- Consider style. Do you want a contemporary style like the Coelo range or a more traditional one such as the Reims collection?
- Think carefully about storage items. Does it have hanging space and drawers or shelving? Also think about the length of items you’re going to hang.
- If you’re limited on space, choose a compact collection that offers the same products but with a smaller footprint. The Home Company offers a number of ranges that are available in a ‘Lite’ version including Grisedale and Salisbury.
- White or off-white bedroom finishes can help make a room seem brighter and the available space feel bigger by reflecting the light. In a larger space, the darker tones of walnut can be impactful.
- What other pieces do you need? Don’t neglect the extras. For example, if you watch telly in bed, consider adding a TV storage unit – there’s some clever solutions about.
- Remember you don’t have to buy everything at once. If you’re limited on budget, simple accessories such as artwork, cushions, throws and rugs can transform a living space from drab to dazzling.
Said Linda: “Once you’ve decided on a new range and are waiting for its arrival, remove all clutter and create a space that you can truly relax and unwind in!”