Decorating With Farrow & Ball's Must-Have Shades For 2019
Wednesday, 6 February 2019 | Social
Update a tired décor with Farrow & Ball’s must-have colours for 2019 – De Nimes and Sulking Room Pink – and create a lasting impression on visitors.
That’s according to The Home Company, Skipton’s long-established furniture and furnishings store, which has some styling tips on how to bring the fresh shades into the home.
Linda Lee, the lifestyle store’s manager said: “The New Year presents us with a great opportunity to review our décor and soft furnishings. It has been predicted that the shift away from neutrals will continue, as we bring rich and dramatic shades into the home. Both of Farrow & Ball’s colours – De Nimes and Sulking Room Pink – boast greyish undertones that ooze a touch of luxury and are the perfect way to update a tired décor.
“De Nimes is a complex blue – perfect for those who are wary of vivid colours and bright pattern. Sulking Room Pink is an elegant mix of grey and pink – ideal for living rooms and snugs to create a cosy-feel atmosphere.”
Here are Linda’s top tips:
- For those who want to keep it neutral, opt for white walls and floors and couple with Farrow & Ball’s fresh hues through soft furnishings and accessories.
- Remove all clutter and create a space that you can relax and unwind in.
- Accessorise! Cushions are a great way to introduce a mix of fresh hues. The Home Company offers a wide choice in a selection of colours with prices starting from a reasonable £14.95.
- Add depth and warmth to your décor with a super soft throw. For a stylish way to take off the early evening chill, consider the Shruti Al Tribeca throw in blue (as pictured), made from wool and acrylic.
- Light up a dark corner with a unique table lamp. Attractive and versatile, the Blue Ceramic table lamp (as seen above) is the perfect way to add a pop of colour.
- For sumptuous comfort underfoot, incorporate a rug in a tempting texture. Consider a cosy, tufted option such as the Cascade rug in heather (pictured) that will add instant interest to your room.
- Create a focal point with an eye-catching one-off piece. The Dales Seville Snuggler (featured) sets a striking tone and makes a timeless statement.
- Tie it all together with a candle or reed diffuser in a soothing aroma, like the Shade of Noir scent from Spry to build that all-important tranquil atmosphere.