Updating The Home In Time For Autumn
Thursday, 11 October 2018 | Social
With cooler Autumn upon us, now’s the time to update your home.
The Home Company, Skipton’s long established furniture and furnishings store welcomes the fresh, crisp early mornings, cool relaxed evenings and rich, warm colours of the new season.
Linda Lee, the lifestyle store’s manager said: “We love this time of year and the exciting, welcoming Autumn colours. As the nights draw-in outside, it doesn’t have to be dark and drab inside.
“We know that many homeowners find it hard to keep up with ever-changing trends, but it needn’t cost a fortune, as a few simple tweaks to wall colours and accessories can do the trick.”
Linda’s top styling tips include:
- Always have a budget in mind. It can be easy to get carried away. Remember it’s only an Autumn refresh not a complete refurbishment.
- Start with a clear-out to de-clutter your home. Create space by removing any unwanted items from shelves and other spaces.
- Play around with colour choices. For example, contrasting a neutral theme with soft furnishings in burnt reds and oranges will immediately make a room feel cosier.
- If you’re wanting a total room overhaul, be sure to measure living areas as an empty room can seem much larger than it actually is.
Said Linda: “Simple accessories can transform a living space from drab to dazzling, so be sure to carefully consider decorations that will help welcome warmth into the home.”
- Team soft furnishings in on-trend shades such as plum purples, mulled reds and terracotta with sparkling accents of gold and coppers to enhance the overall feel of a room. A simple cushion in a rich colour is the perfect way to bring warmth into the home.
- To take off the early evening chill try a snug throw in natural tones and tactile materials. It is more than just functional, offering a stylish furnishing accessory that oozes comfort.
- If you are finding those tiled or hardwood floors a little cool underfoot, a rug gives an instant cosy feel. Choose a plush textured collection in an opulent colour, or opt for a shimmering soft rug to add depth to your room and make a real flooring feature.
- Reflect light back into the room using a beautiful ceramic table lamp with a trendy chrome finish and taffeta shade, or a floor lamp in sparkling metals to bring a chic feel to any modern home.
Said Linda: “Tie it all together with a calming scent, comfortable seating options and a good book, to help build that all-important tranquil atmosphere.
“Whatever the season it’s exciting to look forward to something new. So whether your colour scheme is deep and plush or bold and vibrant, Autumn has never looked more promising.”